Sunday, June 04, 2006
This is an action calendar for Bloggers Against Torture, which is
a blogger alliance that was formed to promote Torture Awareness Month, June 2006.
Torture Awareness Month is an effort to respond to the growing evidence that the United States government is engaging systematically in the use of torture and inhuman treatment as part of the Global War on Terror.
Sponsoring organisations include Amnesty International (USA) and Human Rights Watch.
Torture Awareness Month Sponsors
- Torture Abolition Support and Survivors Coalition
- Physicians for Human Rights
- No2Torture, The Presbyterian Initiative Against Torture
- Human Rights Watch
- Human Rights First
- Council on American Islamic Relations
- Center for Victims of Torture
- Center for Constitutional Rights
- Bill of Rights Defense Committee
- Amnesty International USA